Mission / Purpose:
Works to identify the transportation challenges members of the community and to develop the partnerships to help address the needs
Participating / Collaborating Organizations:
Access, Ames Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO), Ames Transit Agency (CyRide), A Mid-Iowa Organizing Strategy (AMOS), BooST (Early Childhood Iowa), Central Iowa Community Services, Heartland Senior Services, HIRTA, Mid-Iowa Community Action, Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), The Salvation Army, United Way of Story County (UWSC).
Key goals include:
- Access to medical care
- Educating general public & providers on transportation options – “Do you need a ride?” campaign
- Public input into the Ames Area MPO's Passenger Transportation Plan
– Identify transportation needs and gaps
- Addressing needs of specific populations
Important Transportation Links:
- Story County Transportation Brochure (www.cyride.com/sct)
- Story County Transportation At A Glance (to be modified per 5/11/2016 TC meeting)
- HIRTA Rider's Guide Policy
- HIRTA Rider Policies Addendum (to be modified per 5/11/2016 TC meeting)
- Demand Response Public Transit Service Action Plan Update 4/13/2016
Schedule of Meetings
The Transportation Collaboration (TC) meets on the second Wednesday, on a quarterly basis unless otherwise needed, as stated on the dates listed below beginning at 1:00pm at the United Way of Story County (UWSC); 315 Clark Ave.; Ames IA. UWSC is located just south of Ames City Hall next to Hy-Vee Drug Town. (click for a link to map).
The TC meetings are open to include members of the Demand Response Service Task Force. The Task Force group developed a communication & 23-point action plan to improve demand response service in Ames which will be reviewed quarterly at a scheduled TC meeting. If anyone would like to join the Transportation Collaboration group or receive communication regarding transportation issues within Ames, please contact the United Way of of Story County at 515- 268-5142.
A schedule of upcoming meetings and agenda/minutes are listed below:
|Transportation Collaboration Agenda/Minutes|
|2017|| January 11; April 19; July 12; October 11
(Expanded TC Meetings are identified in bold during 2016.