- April 2 - 25 (Informal Review): If you are not satisfied with the assessment for your property, you can request an informal assessment review with the Ames City Assessor's Office. If an agreement is reached between you and the office, you can avoid having to file a petition with the Ames Board of Review.
- Please call 515-239-5370 to start the process.
- Iowa Code 441.30
April 2 - 30 (Ames Board of Review): A property owner may appeal the assessment on their property by filing a petition with the Ames Board of Review. Due to April 30th falling on a Sunday this year, the deadline is
- Please print and read all 9 pages of the PDF.
- Petition form can be filled in on screen and then printed.
- Before submitting your petition to our office, please double check that it is complete.
- Electronic submission of petitions is NOT accepted by Ames City Board of Review.
- Appeals must be confined to the grounds specified in the Iowa Code.
- Appeals must be in writing. The Ames Board of Review prefers that protests be filed on the petition form supplied by the Ames City Assessor's Office. It is also advantageous for the appellant that requests an oral hearing to use this form, because it allows the Assessor's Office to email the appellant their hearing date when it is made official.