This is an official Facebook page of the City of Ames. For more information about the City of Ames, please visit www.cityofames.org. This site is intended to serve as a mechanism for communication between the public and the City of Ames on the listed topics, and as a forum to further the mission of the City. Questions or comments can be addressed to Susan Gwiasda at email@example.com.
Comments posted to this page will be monitored and inappropriate content will be removed as soon as possible and without prior notice. Under the City of Ames Social Media Use Policy, Standards and Procedures, the City reserves the right to remove inappropriate content, including, but not limited to:
- obscene language or sexual content
- content that threatens or defames any person or organization
- content that incites violence
- content that violates the legal ownership interest of another party
- content that promotes illegal activity
- content that is repetitive or duplicative
- content that promotes commercial services or products or SPAM
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability, or sexual orientation.
- Content that is off-topic
- Content that advocates illegal activity
- Content that identifies personally identifying information including, but not limited to: email address, phone numbers, addresses, medical information, etc.
- Content that is considered organized political activity
The City disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any materials that the City deems inappropriate for posting, which cannot be removed in an expeditious and otherwise timely manner.
Before posting on our page, please review the following:
• This page is not continually monitored by City of Ames employees, but is monitored as time allows.
• Any use of the "like" feature between this Facebook page and a private person does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.