A partnership between the City of Ames and the Volunteer Center of Story County.
The Ames Repair and Care program provides assistance to
Seeing that this is a budding program, typical activities a volunteer may help with are quite simple, but very helpful to residents, including:
- Clean up of yard debris and outdoor storage
- Trimming trees and shrubs
- Mowing tall grass & controlling weeds
- Shoveling snow
- Minor painting
- Repairing or installing exterior handrails and guardrails
Repairs that are not included for various liability or cost reasons:
- Trash removal
- Any interior work
- Cleaning of gutters
- Any repair that requires the use of a ladder
- Masonry, asphalt, or concrete work
The program is divided into three sub-categories:
- Individual -- One-on-One pairing of an individual volunteer with a home-owner
- Clubs -- clubs or organizations may be paired with a
home-ownerwho needs ongoing assistance
- Neighborhoods -- an entire neighborhood may organize a "work day" to help with property maintenance
To Get Involved click here to contact the Volunteer Center of Story County, or call 515-268-5323.
To Volunteer contact the City of Ames Planning Department at 515-239-5400.
Ames Repair and Care - helping hands for neighbors in need.